Friday, August 20, 2010

More Lee Jofa!

I just added a new Lee Jofa piece to my store Nancy's Fabric Shop, which isn't what I usually think of when I think of Lee Jofa:



I love these prancing elephants on the blue ground. This pattern must have been inspired by the British Empire in India rather than the exuberant English garden roses, like this piece:



And then, while I was digging around (you have no idea how much material I have and where I stash it in my studio apartment) I discovered this Lee Jofa Book of discontinued patterns by David Hicks for Ashley Hicks. David Hicks was an innovative English interior designer who died in 1998. His son Ashley is now working with Lee Jofa/Kravet and designing new lines of fabrics and carpets, combining David Hicks' strong geometry and colors in a new softer, gentler sensibility for the modern market. This book of now discontinued patterns contains 5 different patterns each in 5 different colors, for a total of 25 pieces of cloth bound at the top, and with paper labels describing each piece, including fibre content.





They range from 100% silk






to 100% jute

and include sheers

and stripes

and a geometric pattern


And imagine my surprise to see this pattern on the front page

I had this exact piece in a 24" square sample, and made a pillow with it, now for sale in Custom Designs by Nancy







I really like the way these two fabrics work with other, and the colors and patterns complement each other so well.


Each piece in the book measures 21 1/2" by 14". The labels are stapled to the lower left corners and are easily removeable without damaging the fabric, and the screws binding the book can be removed with a flat head screwdriver. This book is available at Nancys Fabric Shop for $50 plus shipping! Think of all the great things you can do with these fabrics! My mind is boggling. Your excitement is high, so don't hesitate! Oh what fun you'll have!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo those are all pretty. Love the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, these are amazing. The pillow fabrics definitely compliment each other :)

    The elephant fabric reminds me of my hometowns coat of arms it had an elephant on it too :)

    Have a wonderful weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting!! Such beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete